Does Covenant accept international students? When space is available, Covenant is happy to accept international students who meet the entrance requirements.
Does Covenant issue I-20 documents? Covenant has been approved to issue I-20 documents for international students who have been accepted by the school and are applying for F-1 visas.
What are the entrance requirements for international students applying to Covenant Classical Christian School?
- Application and Registration fee: $250 due with application – nonrefundable
- $1000 tuition deposit due upon preliminary acceptance, refundable only in the event that the student is unable to acquire necessary documentation for immigration
- Copy of student’s passport and visa
- Financial records, translated in English, proving that the family has adequate funds to afford tuition and all living expenses while the child is a student at Covenant.
- Essay, written in English, by the prospective student about; “Why are you choosing to pursue your education at Covenant?”
- Shots and Immunization record – Submit complete records translated into English including proof of Hepatitis B series and chicken pox immunization or physician’s verification of month and year that the student had the disease.
- A copy of:
- latest report card
- testing results
- TOEFL report
- transcripts (9th-12th grade)
- Pastor reference (if applicable)
- Teacher reference
- Contract of Enrollment
After completed application documents have been reviewed, Covenant staff will schedule an admissions interview appointment with the Head Administrator. Interviews for international students are conducted by telephone. At least one parent must be with the student at the time of the interview.
Does Covenant provide special services for students who are learning the English language? Although Covenant requires students to demonstrate proficiency in English before they can be accepted, we do provide additional ESL services through Rosetta Stone.
Does Covenant provide a dormitory for international students? Covenant does not own a dormitory for international students.
What curriculum does the school use? Covenant offers a college preparatory program for both average and advanced students. Textbooks are selected from both Christian and secular publishers based upon the excellence and appropriateness of each book. The Christian world and life view is integrated in each subject at Covenant. Covenant is accredited by both South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA) and Christian Schools International (CSI).
Admissions Application (International Students)
For additional information, please contact the school office: